Tuesday, January 1, 2013

IMM

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. This week, I received: 
    
The Host by Stephanie Meyer
Extras by Scott Westerfeld
The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R Tolkien 
Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry
*Not Pictured* Bossypants by Tina Fey

I can't wait cuz I absolutely LOVE the Uglies series and I've been looking forward to reading the last installment for awhile now! The Giver and Messenger were great and thought-provoking, too, so I have high expectations for Gathering Blue. As for the Lord of the Rings, well, how can I be a self proclaimed bookworm without giving them a try? Just read the Hobbit (FYI, BEFORE I knew there was going to be a movie) and it was good but slow (written over 60 years ago, so what you gonna do?). The Host- Oh come on, you gotta admit the with all Bella's flaws, Stephanie Meyer is an amazing writer. I've heard only positive reviews on this book so I can't wait to see for myself. I also received Bossypants by Tina Fey but chose not to show the cover because yes, I'm petty, and yes, the cover kinda creeps me out (I pulled of the jacket of the copy). My friend gave it to me and said it was really funny and from what I've read so far it is. Anyway, I'm really behind on reviews hopefully will catch up this weekend! Happy New Year everyone! And does anyone know of a 2013 readers challenge going on? 
-Esty


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for your comment! I absolutely love hearing from you- it makes the whole blogging experience worth it:)

If you have a blog leave me your link and I'll try to return the favor <3