Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Review: Goliath (Spoiler free!)

Goliath 
Scott Westerfeld
alternate universe/ historical fiction

Alek and Deryn are abroad the Leviathan when the ship is ordered to pick up an unusual passenger. This brilliant/maniacal inventor claims to have a weapon called Goliath that can end the war. But whose side is he really on?

While on their top-secret mission, Alek finally discovers Deryn's deeply kept secret. Two, actually. Not only is Deryn a girl disguised as a guy...she has feelings for Alek.

The crown, true love with a commoner, and the destruction of a great city all hang on Alek's next--and final--move.


I'll start with an explanation on why I haven't blogged since Thursday- the internet at home is down and we won't have someone come until two weeks from now (!!!). I'll still be available on Twitter because of internet on my phone but will be blogging sporadically. Currently I'm at my dad's office. 

Anyhoooo, to business. 
Goliath is the third and final book in the Leviathan trilogy by Scott Westerfeld. You can read my reviews of Leviathan and Behemoth by clicking. 
Now that you've read them, you know I lurrrrrrvvveee this series. And Goliath did not disappoint!

This time the Leviathan's off to Siberia, and then to America! All the travel in these books makes for more adventures and exposure to really cool cultures. Also, no more secrets between Alek and Deryn. You know what that means..... *cue the applause and whoop whoops* 

The series always switches between Alek's and Deryn's POVS, and I absolutely love that. Through Alek's eyes, you fall in love with the Leviathan. Through Deryn's eyes, you fall in love with Alek. Brilliance. 

And speaking of the giant airship, it has officially been added to my top ten favorite settings. Almost like Hogwarts, I love the place, the people and creatures in it, the way it works. For that alone I hated to finish the trilogy. 

And the girls! While most of the characters are guys (we're talking war here, in the 1910's) the few girls in this book REPRESENT. Deryn kicks ass and Alek always admits that, not to mention Dr. Barlow who rocks the world. 

What else? Just pick up the nearest copy of Goliath (or whichever book you're on). It'll quickly become a fave. Rating: 

Esty

6 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite series ever. I enjoyed your review and highly recommend these books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the unique angle you've taken on this topic.

    Bus Rental Sharjah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to the author for delivering such valuable content! Your thorough research and clear explanations make this an excellent resource for anyone interested in the topic.

    Bus for rent

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm consistently impressed by the depth of thought you bring to your writing. Your articles are true intellectual treats.

    Marble in Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've gained a deeper understanding of the topic, all thanks to the author's meticulous approach to content creation. Well done!

    Mini Bus for rent

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for your comment! I absolutely love hearing from you- it makes the whole blogging experience worth it:)

If you have a blog leave me your link and I'll try to return the favor <3