Thursday, October 30, 2014

Feature and Follow Friday!!

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow

Feature and Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read to spread the Friday love, find new blogs, and gain followers! For the rules, head over to one of their blogs. This week's question:


Q:What books would you give to newbies in your favorite genre? 


Favorite genre for me is fantasy, no doubts or questions there. I know lots of people who don't like it and it makes me sad. Of course my first suggestion will forever be Harry Potter, but that makes the typical anti-fantasy person balk immediately. So, barring Hogwarts, I would give a newbie:



Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo


Yeah. This is as fantastical as fantasy gets. But that's exactly why I would suggest it to someone who doesn't usually read this kind of stuff- it truely embodies all the best traits that the genre has to offer. Amazing setting, character arcs and plot twists - I recommend this novel to everyone really. You can read my review of Shadow and Bone here. 

Welcome to my blog! It's been so long since I've done an FF and I'm so excited to see some new blogs! Leave your links in the comments, I'd love to hear from you(:

9 comments:

  1. I haven't read this series yet, but I've heard nothing but GREAT things! I definitely plan to read it soon! Thanks for sharing :) New follower on Bloglovin!

    Here's my F&F!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I have not read this series before, looks good! I'm a new GFC follower. Here is my FF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of Shadow and Bone but it has now been added to my list! Thanks for the recommendation and have a great weekend.

    Lacie @ Rainy Dayz Reviewz
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're the second person I've seen today that recommends Shadow and Bone. I'm adding this to my TBR list! Thanks! My F&F. Happy Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following you on bloglovin. Forgot to put that in my reply.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So far this is the second time I've seen this book today. I am absolutely adding this to my TBR. I look forward to reading it, thanks for the rec.
    New GFC follower
    Monique @ Mo_Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely adore this series! Wasn't a huge fan of the ending though, not gonna lie. Definitely a good recommendation! New bloglovin' follower!
    Sarah
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. My daughter loves this series. She's reading one of the books right now.
    I added you to my Google.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read this yet, but I have seen it a lot recently. Just added it to my TBR list!
    New GFC follower
    My FF

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for your comment! I absolutely love hearing from you- it makes the whole blogging experience worth it:)

If you have a blog leave me your link and I'll try to return the favor <3